This set of nine brief and unpretentious renaissance-era dances are either in G or F and make playful use of of F\F# and C\C# contrasts, thus adding spice to the already piquant quarter-comma temperament used in this recording. They are useful little pieces for the liturgical organist, but also make a pleasing concert item when played as a set
- August Nörmiger (c.1560–1613) (Wikipedia)
- Dots Music Shop, Camden, London N1
- Hans Haselböck (Wikipedia: German)
- Jacob Paix (1558-c.1623) (Wikipedia: German)
- Quarter-comma meantone (Wikipedia)
– Edition: Ein guter neuer Dantz Ed Hans Haselböck (Wiesbaden: Breitkopf & Härtel, 1989).
– Temperament: Quarter-comma meantime (pure thirds); pitch A=427
– Organ: Viscount Sonus 60
– Microphone: Zoom Q2N-4K
– Recordings: ©Andrew Pink (2023). All rights reserved. Creative Commons licence: [Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International]
#TheOrganShow #InternationalOrganDay #internationalorganday @InternationalOrganDay @internationalorganday
Material on this page is published under the Creative Commons licence (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) : Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International. All rights reserved.
You must be logged in to post a comment.